Akyab Muslim Welfare Australia Incorporated
(Registration number INC1601814)
Formed on 21 December 2016 by members residing in Lakemba, New South Wales, all of them who were formerly from Akyab, for the objective and purpose of relieving the poverty, distress and disadvantage of the targeted Rohingya Muslim population in Myanmar.
AMWAI has designated people in Myanmar who distribute food, clothing, housing items, blankets and any items as needed by the Internal Displaced Persons.
AMWAI funds its purposes through donations, membership fees and community fund raising dinners.
We as members of Akyab Muslims Welfare Australia Incorporated acknowledge the role of Akyab Muslims Welfare Australia Incorporated to relieve the poverty, distress and disadvantage of the displaced Rohingya Muslim population at the Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps in Akyab (Sittwe) and all other affected towns in Rakhine State, Myanmar. We understand that we are responsible to our community to observe high standards of conduct and behaviour when we perform our duties.
This means that as members of Akyab Muslims Welfare Australia Incorporated:
- We primarily serve the interests of the Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps in Akyab (Sittwe) and all other affected towns in Rakhine State, Myanmar.
- We act competently and diligently in the carrying out our objectives.
- We regard the interests of the Internal Displaced Persons as paramount.
- We act confidentially and in the protection of the designated persons and IDPs.
- We act together for the benefit of the IDPs. • We avoid any conflict of interest and duties.
- We seek to maintain the highest standards of integrity, honesty and fairness in all our dealings.
Proclaimed by the Akyab Muslims Welfare Australia Incorporated [Inc 1601814] April 2017.
sign up for updates and newsletters